Saturday Sharing: Raising talkers, dog camps, parenting poems, and more

Pagan Book Reviews discusses Secrets of the Lost Symbol, which is described as “an answer to Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol”.

Jennifer at Retrograde Learning writes about the importance of raising your kids to be readers and talkers.

Throughout Banned Books Week, Caroline at Children’s Books and More has been discussing various banned books. She also highlighted Place I Never Meant to Be, a collection of short stories written by censored writers.

Sandy at Cat Trees and Pet Supplies recently discovered dog camps – places for you to go on vacation with your canine buddy!

Have you ever had a pleasurable experience at the dentist? Alexandra at talleygilly has . . . and those experiences have led to a life lesson.

Samantha at What Little Things tells us exactly why we should visit Huancayo, Peru.

Shawna from I am that shares two contrasting poems of parenting.

Do you fit in? Paula at The Geeky Shopaholic doesn’t and she tells us why in this post.

Jared from Lick the Fridge explains that you should not do what he’s about to try to do – write a post a day for the month of October.

Need a few heartwarming life lessons? Check out The Real Sharon’s post about five very important ones.

Babette, The Passionate Librarian tells us how not to teach children to read – with boring, “bad” books.

About these ads

1. Thanks for the mention! That’s a great idea to highlight other blogs.

2. Thanks for the mention! What a great post idea!

3. Many thanks for mentioning my book review :)

4. Thanks for the mention! What a great list of blogs, such variety!

5. Thanks, Dayle. . .yes, definitely don’t do it! :)

• You are quite welcome!

And I certainly won’t be doing it . . . at least not in October! I have one more BBW post to write and then I need a break for a few days :P (Though I have been considering the yearly post a day challenge for 2012 – yikes!)

6. Thanks for including me Dayle! :) I didn’t have time to Saturday Sharing this week. Plus, I’m still using my Mom’s laptop and it’s all different and makes me not want to blog. lol Which is weird I guess.

• It might be weird, but it’s a weirdness I can relate to . . . though, I can relate to most weirdnesses :P I have a very particular set up on my computer for my blog. I’m kind of a desktop folder junkie. So if I was on someone else’s computer, I would have trouble motivating myself to blog because it will throw my whole system out of whack!

7. Thanks for the mention again! :)
    I need to make time to check out all the other blogs you mentioned!

I just realized BBW or Banned Books Week also stands for Big, Beautiful Woman….LOL…:D

• No problem! . . . I still haven’t gotten to the blogs you mentioned . . . I will though, I swear!

LMAO at the Big, Beautiful Woman thing . . . I read this yesterday when I was in the car with my friend (headed to pick up the new fuzzies) and I literally laughed out loud!

8. Aww thanks so much for including my Huancayo post in your batch this week, Dayle! It means a lot to me, especially because I try not to do touristy posts too much. =) What an honor to be part of such an amazing group of bloggers. Thank you! =) Hugs!