Thank you, Paula! This was fun
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
- Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
- No tag backs.
- No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
(And screw rule 7 – if anyone else wants to do this, please go for it! I want to read your answers! . . . Even those I’ve tagged, please let me know if you do this cause I want to check it out. I still haven’t figured out how to get email notifications for some of your blogs!)
11 things about me:
- Instead of the crazy cat lady, I’m going to end up as the crazy ferret lady. I have 4 right now (and had one cross the Rainbow Bridge last summer) and I adore them. If I had more space, I could easily see myself doubling that number!
- I hate having my picture taken for any reason, but I will allow my picture to be taken (especially with my daughter) because to this day, I’m angry with my mom for not taking more pictures with me.
- I started writing letters to Abby before she was born. I used to write almost daily and then after she was born it was weekly. It’s now been about 3 years since I’ve written one. I feel incredibly guilty, but whenever I sit down to write, I just don’t know where to begin.
- I do want another baby some day, as much as I protest that fact. Sadly, I just don’t think it’s meant to be and it’s easier to pretend I don’t want one than to admit that.
- I’ve always really wanted to be one of those girls who wear make-up every day, but I’m just totally unmotivated to do it. The same goes for doing anything more with my hair than brushing it and putting it in a bun.
- I have major weakness for peanut butter Twix.
- I refuse to give up comfort for style. Ever.
- I’ve never been out of the country.
- When it first came out, I saw “Good Will Hunting” in the theater 6 times. The movie also spurred my obsession with Elliot Smith.
- In college, a couple of friends and I traveled to Red Bank, NJ (a few times) to go to Jay & Silent Bob’s Secret Stash . . . And then we went to Leonardo to go to the Quick Stop.
- In college, I saw the Goo Goo Dolls in concert at least 4 times. I was a tad obsessed.
Questions from Paula:
1. What TV show/movie do you enjoy even though you’re kind of embarrassed about it? Pretty much anything on the Disney Channel, American Idol, Degrassi . . . I could probably continue for a while. Some days, I just need the mindless entertainment!
2. Who is your favorite super hero? And why? Rogue from the X-Men because I’ve always been drawn to tortured characters and I think her power comes with the biggest price. I can’t imagine going through life never having any physical touch.
3. Who is your favorite literary character? And why? Hmm, tough one. I narrowed it down to three . . . in no particular order:
- Acheron from the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon because he’s loyal to a fault, very stoic, and just overall a fascinating character . . . plus, he’s tall, dark and goth which equals very sexy in my mind’s eye!
- Parry/the incarnation of Satan from For the Love of Evil, book 6 of the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony because he puts a very interesting and unique twist on the whole Heaven/Hell, God/Satan story.
- Dolores Price from She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb because she’s a ridiculously honest character with a ton of mental issues – how can I not love her?!
4. What is your favorite opening line of a book? “When I look back at my childhood I wonder how I survived it at all. It was, of course, a miserable childhood: the happy childhood is hardly worth your while. Worse than the ordinary miserable childhood is the miserable Irish childhood, and worse yet is the miserable Irish Catholic childhood.” ~Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt
5. What is your very first memory from childhood? My parents fighting and me trying to stop them
6. If you were a Golden Girl, which one would you be and why? Definitely Sophia! I’m all about the spunky attitude and the wise cracks
7. What’s your favorite ice cream? Anything chocolate and peanut butter, of course
8. How did you get into blogging? I started blogging when I started looking for freelance writing work. Since I was just starting out, I thought it would be helpful if I had some things pre-written that I could use as samples. It’s obviously become something much different for me!
9. What is the best part about having a blog? The community. I think it’s incredible that I have build friendships solely through blogging. I’ve connected with people. And I can’t even begin to describe how amazing it is when someone comments or messages me to tell me that something I’ve shared has helped them in some way.
10. What is the worst part of blogging? I don’t know if there is a “worst part” for me. I love blogging. It becomes very difficult at times (especially the past few months) to keep up with the bloggers I follow and responding to comments, but I wouldn’t say that’s bad (obviously, I want to continue following those bloggers . . . and I want to continue to receive comments!), just something I have to manage better.
11. Tell me about “the one that got away?” There was this one guy in college that I had a hard-core crush on. He worked at a video store and I worked in a deli and we’d see each other at our respective jobs pretty frequently. Looking back, he was definitely flirty with me, but my self-esteem was so low that I just couldn’t believe that. I do wish I had had the confidence to ask him out.
- What is the best concert you’ve ever been to?
- What political/social cause are you most passionate about?
- What pets do you have?
- If you had to leave the US and live in another country for a year, where would you go? Why?
- Do you judge the events in your life by whether they are Facebook status/Twitter update worthy?
- Could you truly live “the simple life”?
- Pro-Twilight, anti-Twilight, or you don’t give a shit?
- Do you consider yourself cynical? Why or why not?
- Which character from Gilligan’s Island would you be and why? (I’m not ashamed to admit that I totally stole this question type from Paula’s Golden Girl question.)
- What is your favorite song lyric? Why?
- What’s your favorite pizza topping?