1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was student teaching in a 3rd grade inclusion classroom. It was one of the greatest experiences in my life. That classroom was the ultimate example of how inclusion should work.
2. By this time next year, I …
will be a year older.
3. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing?
I think it’s extremely possible that we’ll have a female president in 4 years . . . and if it is Hilary, then absolutely a good thing! The second question bugs me though . . . because whether or not it’s a good thing will depend entirely on who it is.
4. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
Hands down, Captain Jack Harkness (Doctor Who/Torchwood). On an episode of the Friday Night Project, John Barrowman referred to Captain Jack as omnisexual and said he’d shag anything with a post code. I raised my hand and said, “I have a post code!”
Also, I always forget how much I love the word “shag.”
5. Who is your greatest enemy?
6. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
We took a mini-vacation to New York last summer. I just looked up the direction on Google Maps and it seems like at certain points we were just barely over 100 miles, so I guess that one counts J . . .Other than that, It would have to be 2 years ago . . . my boyfriend and I went to Connecticut for a Christmas party one of his friends throws every year.
7. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
The dictionary . . . either for words I don’t know while I’m reading or because I have a tendency to make up words, so I look up anything that I think I might have created on my own!
8. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
I haven’t had a nickname in many years and I’ve never had one that was used consistently. In my freshman year of high school, my friends and I all gave ourselves fruit nicknames – I was Strawberry. In 11th grade, I had surgery to remove a questionable birthmark on my back. I walked kind of hunched over holding my back for a little while, so one of my friends nicknamed me Quasi. (Same friend later called me Merlin when I was in the hospital for pneumonia because she said my IV pole was like a staff ) When I worked at Red Lobster, one of the cooks used to call me Frashizzle because of my last name.
9. What are you dreading at the moment?
I have anxiety disorders . . . I could be here all night with this question! Though I’d say the most immediate thing would be cleaning my daughter’s room!
10. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
Not at all
11. If you find an outfit you love, but the size on the label is larger than you want, do you buy the outfit? Why or why not?
If it doesn’t fit me properly, it wouldn’t be an outfit that I love. I am much more concerned with comfort than style.
12. Even the biggest slackers are anal-retentive about something? What are you anal-retentive about?
Anything related to paper work . . . anything I can create a spreadsheet for . . . I love spreadsheets!
13. Out of all the books you read as a child, which one had the biggest influence on how you are today?
Oh wow. That is really tough to narrow down, but we’re sticking with children’s books, so I guess that helps . . . Probably, The Lorax — “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
14. Which Golden Girl would you want to spend a night on the town with?
Sophia – loved Sophia!
15. What is the one product you would never buy in its generic form even if the generic is half the price?
16. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
I was 8 years old . . . It was right after Christmas and I was on the phone with my best friend. I had moved away about 6 months earlier. She kept going on about another friend of ours who still believed in Santa and how silly that was because her mom already told her that Santa’s not real. I played it cool so she wouldn’t know I still believed. As soon as I got off the phone, I asked my mom and she came clean.
17. What is the one smell that turns your stomach without fail?
18. If someone holds out a carton of milk to you and asks you to sniff it to see if it’s spoiled, do you?
Ha! I answered the last question before reading this one. Generally, no . . . I’m usually the one doing the asking!
19. You have a completely free day and $2000.00, What are you doing?
Booking my trip to the San Diego Comic Con! Then I’ll spend the rest of the day doing what I usually do in my free time – read, write, craft, or watch TV.
20. What is the most used item in your home?