In December, I participated in a Community Network Meme hosted by Tom Baker from Morning Erection. It was a ton of fun, so when he said he was going to do the meme twice a year, I was definitely on board. Please check out the other bloggers at the bottom of the post and consider participating in the next meme!
1. When you were a child what was the hardest or scariest thing in the world (i.e. movie, book, chore, etc.) to you that as an adult is neither hard nor scary?
I was terrified of Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees. For a few months when I was 8, my mom and I shared a bedroom. She used to watch them late at night thinking I was asleep, but I always pretended to be asleep so I could watch them too. Until they gave me nightmares. Now I find most horror movies (including Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th) to be hysterically funny and itch to find one that can actually scare me.
2. If you were offered the chance to be a cooking star on a Food Network show, which of these three would you choose for a mentor: Bobby Flay, Giada de Laurentis or Alton Brown?
I don’t really watch the Food Network and I’m not really familiar with any of them, so I deferred this question to my boyfriend and he said Bobby Flay because he thinks he has a wide appeal and can advise on a wide range of cooking styles. He also said it doesn’t hurt that he’s an iron chef.
3. What is your favorite theme offered by your blogging platform that you are not using and what theme do you absolutely hate? Provide links to both along with your explanation.
I like a lot of the themes available. I don’t know if I have a favorite, but I did attempt to use Choco once and then had to change it . . . You can read why here (I don’t know how to link to the actual themes.)
4. Who is someone from your past that you are sorry you lost track of?
There are way too many to name.
5. What would you take to a deserted island?
I assume by the “what” that we are only including things and not people. I would bring a stack of books, a stack of notebooks, a bunch of pens, a few sketchbooks, and chalk pastels.
6. If you could get into the mind of anyone (living or dead) and read all their thoughts, whose mind would you choose to raid?
It’s a tossup between my daughter and my mom. My daughter because, well, she’s crazy and I’d love to figure out how her head works. And my mom because I’d love to get a glimpse of how she stayed strong through so many problems in her life.
7. What are the entire contents of the top drawer of the table directly next to your side of the bed?
Batteries and um, the rest is TMI . . .
8. What is the one thing you have in your dorm, apartment, or house that you never want your parents to find?
The entire contents of the top drawer of the table directly next to my side of the bed
9. Your daughter is having a sleepover for her 12th birthday. Around 8:00 pm a thunderstorm knocks out power. How do you entertain twelve pre-teen girls when all the cell-phone batteries have died?
I’m all about the old-fashioned stuff at sleepovers anyway . . . ghost stories, board games by candle light or flashlight, roast marshmallows on the stove (it’s gas) and make S’mores, blind make-overs, and depending on how well-lit we could make it with candles and flashlights, I’d whip out my jewelry-making supplies.
10. What aspect/trait about your personality are you most sensitive about (as in, you wouldn’t stand anyone criticizing about this one aspect)?
My loyalty and devotion to those I love.
11. Mr. Tom Baker has had two previous virtual nude dinner parties. He is now inviting you, his blogger friends to his home for a real nude dinner party. This is not a virtual dinner party; it is the real thing with all expenses paid and the usual five course dinner prepared by him. Will you or will you not be present at said nude party?
I will *not* be present, but kudos to those with more self-esteem than I have who do show up!
12. What one piece of movie memorabilia from which movie would you love to own?
I’m sure I could come up with several, but the first to pop into my head were the playing cards from the original Manchurian Candidate.
13. If literary characters were real and you could interview any one of them, who would it be and what’s the first question you would ask?
Charlie Asher from A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore – I’d ask him what the biggest challenge has been in raising his daughter.
14. If you had to choose a theme song for yourself from only the Classical genre, which song would it be?
15. What is your most quirky habit?
I asked my boyfriend to answer this because he’s the one who has to put up with all of them. He said, “yeesh . . . I don’t know . . . you have many.” He eventually decided on my obsession with coloring my hair (stay tuned for pictures . . . fun stuff happening on Tuesday).
16. When was the last time you took the time to act like a child and what did you do?
I have a 7-year-old daughter. I act like a child every day. I dance out of rhythm, sing off-key, jump on the bed, play Hi-ho Cherrio, make silly faces, tell knock-knock jokes, make friendship bracelets, pass notes . . . . Yep, life is good.
17. If there was ever a past relationship, (friend or otherwise), that you could go back and mend, would you? Who would it be with, and why?
Honestly, no. The friendships and relationships that have dissolved completely have done so with good reason. They served their purpose and I’ve moved on. There are, however, friends who drifted away simply because of time and the busyness of life and those I would love to get back . . . and as I mentioned before, they’re way too many to name.
18. What would you do if all of your followers left comments daily and would it be too much for you to handle? Would you hire someone to answer comments for you?
Well, I don’t post daily, so that would be tricky . . . If all of my followers commented on every post, I would do my best to respond to all of them. If by some miracle, I actually did post every day and all of my followers commented on every post (and I assume this means *all* of my followers, not just the ones who usually read . . . cause I’m pretty certain 80% of my “followers” never read my blog :p ), then no, I definitely couldn’t handle it. But I wouldn’t hire someone to respond. That seems silly to do on a *personal* blog. I’d probably do a few lump comments and respond to individuals as much as I could.
19. Do you know how far back your ancestry goes on either side of your family tree? How far?
I know very, very little of my ancestry. I only have names for my great-grandparents down. I do have a cook-book from a family reunion from when I was a kid that has a little bit of family history in it. I should go dig it out!
20. If you could compare yourself to anything in the universe, what would you compare yourself to? Why?
- For instance, someone might choose the Phoenix because it’s reborn from its ashes, Someone who derives strength from pain and failures and tries to rise above them all might select the Phoenix.
I compare myself to the T.A.R.D.I.S. because I’m sexy and I want to have adventures. Now I just need to steal a Time Lord so I can go have some!
Here are all of the other bloggers who said they were participating . . . go check them out now!
Betwixt And Between
The World According To Sylvia Garza
Lazy Happy Bored Happy Sad
Life With Blondie
The Way I Live Naturally
Ramblings Of An Office Girl
Walking The Labyrinth
Sleep And Salami
Life Of Carbon